Perhaps I am within the minority, however I nonetheless obtain plenty of music from Spotify. It is actually helpful to retailer tunes regionally on my cellphone for quite a lot of causes. I can pay attention with out shopping for on-flight Wi-Fi, and day-after-day throughout my commute on the NYC subway when the Wi-Fi and LTE indicators primarily go underground.
Easy accessibility to those downloaded songs and albums is vital to me, however the newest Spotify replace that is rolling out now (model 188.8.131.527 for Android and eight.5.7.601 for iOS) makes them more durable to seek out for premium customers.
Not solely does the “Your Library” part of the app look completely different, however Spotify has eradicated the “Songs” part, leaving solely “Playlists,” “Artists” and “Albums.” Don’t fret, all of your songs are nonetheless there. They’ve simply been moved round a bit.
These directions are the identical whether or not you have got the iOS or Android model of Spotify.
- To view your discography, faucet “Your Library” on the underside tray of choices.
- To kind your music by albums downloaded to your system, click on the “Albums” tab, then swipe right down to reveal the search bar. Subsequent to that bar is a button that claims “Filter”. Click on on it, then filter by “Downloads”.
- to seek out particular person songs that Used To ensure that it to be conveniently nested in a tab referred to as “Songs” in “Your Library”, you now have to observe a number of steps. First, click on on the “Playlists” tab. When you’re there, go to the “Like Songs” playlist, the place all of your downloaded songs reside. (All songs you obtain are “favored” mechanically, so it makes some type of sense that that is the place they’re going to be discovered, but it surely’s nonetheless complicated.)
- When you’re within the “Favored Songs” playlist, click on the menu button on the high proper of the display screen to disclose some settings. Click on “Filter downloaded songs” to point out solely the songs you’ve got downloaded. Even should you activate Spotify’s “offline mode” within the app settings, you may nonetheless need to kind your music by obtain, in any other case it should show a bunch of unplayable songs.
- If you would like, now you can hit “Shuffle Play” to randomize the songs which might be taking part in.
It is plenty of steps to have the ability to take heed to songs you’ve got saved regionally in your cellphone, so hopefully Spotify will make it a bit simpler to entry in future variations.
Vox Media has an affiliated partnership. These don’t have an effect on editorial content material, though Vox Media might earn fee for merchandise bought via affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data see our ethics coverage,